Cajun Chicken, Brie and Walnut Pasta
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 10 mins
- 2 -- 8-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Cajun spice mix
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 -- whole cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 4 ounces brie cheese (rind off)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 pound cooked (corkscrew) pasta
- 1/2 bunch chopped basil
- 1/4 bunch chopped Italian parsley
- candied California walnuts* (see recipe below)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with Cajun spice. Place on a preheated broiler for approximately 3-4 minutes. Turn and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Cut into four equal strips. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a 4-5 quart saucepan over low heat. Add tomatoes, garlic, and brie. Stir until cheese begins to melt. Add heavy cream, salt, pepper and cooked pasta. Stir until pasta is well coated. Remove from heat. Stir in basil, parsley and walnuts. Place in a large pasta bowl. Fan chicken breast on one side of a pasta bowl, and serve pasta in the center of the bowl.
For candy walnuts: Rinse 1 cup walnuts under hot water. Pat dry. Place in medium-sized bowl. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons granulated sugar over walnuts and toss well to coat. Spread on baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 7 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Recipe provided courtesy of The Buckhorn Steak and Roadhouse