Caesar Salad Cups
- Yield 12 servings
- Prep 15 minutes
- Cook 8 minutes
Caesar Salad is a classic, and I just love eating it in these cups. My mom made them once and I liked them so much, I kind of stole her idea.—Jack Witherspoon
- 24 slices white bread
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 4 cups finely chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup Caesar salad dressing
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place 2 to 3 slices of bread on a cutting board, then use a rolling pin to flatten to the thickness of a thin pancake. Using a drinking glass as a cookie cutter, cut a round out of each piece of bread. Repeat for all 24 slices. Push rounds into 24 ungreased mini muffin cups.
- Put butter in a microwave safe bowl and melt in microwave on HIGH 10 to 15 seconds. Using a pastry brush, coat bread with butter. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Bake until lightly browned, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put lettuce in a medium bowl and pour in salad dressing. Place toasted bread cups on a platter and fill each with 2 to 3 tablespoons of salad. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Makes 24.