- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4cup Oil (Canola or Vegetable)
- 1cup Croutons
- 1-- Egg
- 2tablespoons Lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
- 1teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1/2-- Can of anchovies, minced
- 1-- Head of Romaine lettuce, rinsed and in bite size pieces
- 1/4cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Cut garlic and cover wtih the salad oil. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- In 1/2 the oil, saute the croutons until golden brown- be careful not to burn.
- Coddle egg (1 minute in boiling water).
- In a separate bowl, combine lemon juice, Worcestershire, minced anchovies and black pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Drain remaining oil from garlic and pour over the lettuce in a large bowl. Toss to coat evenly.
- Break egg over salad and toss.
- Pour on lemon mixture and toss.
- Add croutons and Parmesan cheese and toss.
- Serve immediately.