- 1/4 cup Oil (Canola or Vegetable)
- 1 cup Croutons
- 1 -- Egg
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1/2 -- Can of anchovies, minced
- 1 -- Head of Romaine lettuce, rinsed and in bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
Cut garlic and cover wtih the salad oil. Let stand for 30 minutes.
In 1/2 the oil, saute the croutons until golden brown- be careful not to burn.
Coddle egg (1 minute in boiling water).
In a separate bowl, combine lemon juice, Worcestershire, minced anchovies and black pepper to taste. Mix well.
Drain remaining oil from garlic and pour over the lettuce in a large bowl. Toss to coat evenly.
Break egg over salad and toss.
Pour on lemon mixture and toss.
Add croutons and Parmesan cheese and toss.