- Yield 8 servings
Fresh broccoli and cauliflower top a Ramen noodle casserole, dressed with vinaigrette
"My cabbage salad is always a hit at potlucks and picnics. Everyone asks for the recipe. I love this salad."
- 1 package Ramen chicken-flavored noodles
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 large head cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 bunch broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Flavor pack from Ramen noodles
- Toast the noodles, almonds, and sesame seeds on a cookie sheet in oven until golden.
- Combine the cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, and onions in a large bowl.
- Toss in the toasted noodle mixture.
- Stir together the oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, and flavor pack. Pour over the salad, and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen:
This salad is ideal for picnics because the dressing is mayonnaise-free. Try tossing in slices of sweet red pepper or shredded carrot for additional flavor and color.
—Julianne Dorr, Columbia City, Ore.