- Yield servings
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 medium head green cabbage
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Brown almonds in a medium sized skillet over low heat. Stir occasionally to prevent burning. Set aside. Cut cabbage into 1/2 inch slices, and discard core. Separate cabbage into strips. Layer cabbage in pan with butter, garlic, seasonings, salt and pepper. Stir frequently over medium-high heat until tender. Garnish with cheese and toasted almonds.
Tips from Our Test Kitchen: This makes the ideal side dish for corned beef, or other favorite meats and fish. It’s also great as part of a vegetarian meal with pinto beans and corn bread.
—Barb Jennings, Villa Ridge, M0.