Butterscotch Toffee Squares
- Yield 16 pieces
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 22 mins
A buttery alternative to chocolate brownies.
The perfect traveling dessert. Better make a double batch -- these will go quickly.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate toffee bits (such as Heath)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray. Line with foil, letting edges extend over 2 sides. Coat foil with spray.
- Sift flour and baking powder. Beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla with a mixer until blended. Turn to low speed, add flour mixture and beat just until combined. Beat in toffee bits. Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake 22 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Remove from pan with foil and cut into 16 bars.
Recipe by Jean Kressy.