- Yield 1 1/2 cups
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 10 mins
Keep it in the fridge to turn cake or ice cream into a special-occasion dessert.
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Combine the sugar, honey, and butter in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, and cook 10 minutes (without stirring) until candy thermometer registers 280F.
- Remove pan from heat, and stir in cream, vanilla and pecans (if using). Serve warm or chilled. Store in refrigerator up to 2 months.