Butternut Squash Soup with Honey
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2tablespoons butter
- 1-- onion, chopped
- 2-- cloves garlic, minced
- 3-- carrots, diced
- 1-- potato, peeled and diced
- 1-- butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3-- (14.5-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1/2cup honey
- 1/2teaspoon teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- -- Black pepper
- In large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in onions and garlic. Cook and stir until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in carrots, celery, potatoes, squash, chicken broth, honey and thyme. Bring mixture to boil; reduce heat and simmer 30 to 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Transfer mixture to blender or food processor; process until smooth. Return pureed soup to pot. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Heat until hot and serve.