Butternut Squash Soufflé
- Yield 4 servings
A creamy, yummy casserole with butternut squash, topped with a super easy cereal streusel.
- 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- -- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 -- egg
- 1/4 cup crushed honey nut toasted whole grain oat cereal
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- Preheat oven 400F. Coat 1-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place butternut squash in microwave-safe bowl with a little water, microwave until soft, 6-8 minutes. Drain and mash.
- In prepared dish, combine mashed squash, sugar, milk, vanilla, salt, flour, nutmeg, cinnamon and egg, mixing well. Combine cereal and brown sugar. Sprinkle on top. Bake 20 minutes or until set.