Butternut Squash Soufflé
- Yield 4 servings
A creamy, yummy casserole with butternut squash, topped with a super easy cereal streusel.
- 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup crushed honey nut toasted whole grain oat cereal
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- Preheat oven 400F. Spray a 1-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Microwave butternut squash in a dish with shallow water until tender, usually 6-8 minutes. Drain excess water and thoroughly mash.
- Mix mashed squash, sugar, milk, vanilla, salt, flour, nutmeg, cinnamon and egg. Sprinkle brown sugar and cereal on top of squash mixture and bake for 20 minutes, until souffle is set.