Butternut Squash Bake
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
"I'm always asked to share this recipe when I serve it. It's different and always a hit at potlucks."
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mashed cooked butternut squash
- 1/2 cup rice cereal
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 350F. Greased an 11-by-7-inch baking pan.
- Cream butter and granulated sugar. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla. Stir in squash (mixture will be thin). Pour into pan. Bake 45 minutes or until almost set.
- To prepare the topping, combine rice cereal, brown sugar, pecans and melted butter. Remove casserole from oven and sprinkle on topping. Return to the oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until bubbly.
Recipe by Marsha Baker, Pioneer, Ohio