Butternut Squash and Apple Bread
- Yield: 8 servings
You can make muffins out of the mix by dividing the batter into a muffin tin, if you wish.
- 1/2cup all-purpose flour
- 1cup light brown sugar
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- 1teaspoon allspice
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 2teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/3cup sun-dried cranberries
- 1 (1-pound) packdage frozen butternut squash, thawed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2cup applesauce
- 1/3cup apple juice or skim milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9-x-5-x-3-inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, spices, baking powder, nuts and cranberries in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine eggs, applesauce and apple juice or milk in another bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in wet ingredients. Fold in until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake in the center of the oven 1 1/4 hours until baked through or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If baked as muffins cooking time will be approximately 30 minutes.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 273
- Fat 4g
- Saturated Fat .5g
- Cholesterol 46mg
- Sodium 207mg
- Carbohydrate 57g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugars 32g
- Protein 6g