Buttermilk Peach Pie
- Yield: 8 servings
- -- Pie crusts (for a 2-crust, 9-inch pie)
- 1cup sugar
- 2tablespoons flour
- 2-- eggs
- 1/3cup buttermilk
- 2tablespoons margarine or butter melted
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 3cups peaches, peeled, sliced, fresh or frozen
- Prepare pie crusts using a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Combine sugar and flour in a large bowl; mix well. Stir in eggs, buttermilk, butter, and vanilla. Add peaches stirring well. Cover top of pie with remaining pie crust, fold edges under and flute. Bake at 400F for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 350F and bake an additional 45 to 50 minutes or until crust is browned.
- When covering top of pie with second crust, if desired, cut into 1/2-inch wide strips and arrange in lattice style. If crust is left whole, cut 2 or 3 air vents in top crust.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Tyler’s And Roses for the Table (The Junior League of Tyler, Texas 1997).