- Yield: 8 servings
"I'm from New Orleans, a Hurricane Katrina evacuee, now living in Arkansas. My new neighbors at the apartment complex here in Hot Springs love this slaw."
- 1cup raisins
- 1/4cup orange juice
- 3tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 to 2tablespoon sugar or sugar substitute, such as Splenda
- 1cup 1% low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2cup light mayonnaise
- 1 (16-ounce) package shredded coleslaw mix
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine raisins, orange juice, lemon juice and sugar in a large bowl; stir to blend. Let stand 5 minutes to slightly soften raisins.
- Add buttermilk and mayonnaise and stir until well blended. Add coleslaw mix and toss until well blended. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours before serving. Season with salt and pepper.
—Recipe by Mary Jaskolka, Hot Springs, Ark.