Buttermilk Bisque with Cucumbers and Vidalia Onions
- Yield 8 to 10 servings
A creamy, summery chilled soup.
- 1 large hothouse cucumber, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped Vidalia onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill plus more, for garnish
- 1 quart 2 percent fat buttermilk
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place cucumbers, onions, 2 tablespoons dill, buttermilk, yogurt, sugar, salt and pepper in a food processor fitted with the metal blade or blender and puree until almost smooth (you want a few small pieces to remain). Chill at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with additional chopped dill, if desired.