Buttermilk-Bacon Mashed Potatoes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4cup crumbled cooked soy or turkey bacon
- 2tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3medium Russet potatoes
- 6tablespoons low-fat buttermilk
- -- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Leave skin on or peel potatoes. Cut into 1-inch chunks. Place potato pieces in medium pot and pour over enough water (or reduced-sodium broth) to cover. Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Boil 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain, then shake potatoes over low heat 1 minute to dry. Mash with a potato masher or fork. Mix in buttermilk, bacon and onions. Season with salt and pepper.