Butter Lettuce with Avocado and Grapefruit
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1tablespoon minced fresh tarragon, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 8cups torn butter or bibb lettuce
- 1medium avocado, diced
- 1 pink grapefruit, peeled and sectioned (juice reserved)
- To prepare dressing, combine all ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- To prepare salad, place lettuce in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing and reserved grapefruit juice on top. Toss well. Divide among 6 chilled salad plates. Top with avocado and grapefruit sections.