Bulgur Salad with Grapes and Kale
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
This healthy salad will last a few days in the fridge. If you’d like it to be a light main dish, add some feta cheese.
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted and roughly chopped
- 2 cups halved green and red seedless California grapes
- 2 cups packed finely slivered kale or Swiss chard leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in the bulgur and 1/2 teaspoon salt and remove from the heat. Cover and let stand 20 minutes or until most of the water has been absorbed. Drain well and press to extract any excess water. Let cool and stir in the remaining ingredients. Season well with salt and black pepper. Serve room temperature or chilled.