Buffalo Wing Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Yield: servings
- 1pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2cup onion, finely diced
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4cup carrot shavings (use a vegetable peeler to make shavings)
- 1cup celery, sliced thinly
- 1head iceberg lettuce, leaves removed to form cups
- salt and pepper
- 1/2cup Frank's Red hot Buffalo wing sauce
- blue cheese crumbles or blue cheese dressing to drizzle over the top (see note)
- In a large skillet, saute the onions over medium heat until soft (3-4 minutes). Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add ground turkey, season with a dash of salt and pepper, brown meat and cook until cooked through. Drain any grease if necessary.
- Return meat to pan and stir in the wing sauce. Reduce heat to low and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Prepare lettuce cups. Place spoonful of meat into lettuce cup, top with a few carrot shavings and chopped celery. Sprinkle with some blue cheese crumbles and/or dressing. Wrap up and start eating!
Note: I used some blue cheese crumbles and a tablespoon of Litehouse Bleu Cheese Vinaigrette, but don’t feel like you have to have the dressing to make these…they are good with just the crumbles too.
Recipe courtesy of self-proclaimed foodaholic Christy Denney, mother to three wild boys and a baby girl. On any given day, she can be found in her kitchen dancing to tunes and cooking up a storm. To learn more about Christy or to view more recipes, please visit her blog The GIrl Who Ate Everything.