Buffalo-Style Beef Tacos
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 11 mins
Buffalo seasoning and blue cheese dressing make these tacos all-American.
This recipe is from Morgan Hanrahan of Olympia, Wash., who competed in the 2007 National Beef Cook-off with her dad, John. We thought this also would be good with ranch dressing in place of the blue cheese.
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup Buffalo-style barbecue sauce
- 8 taco shells
- 1 cup thinly sliced lettuce
- 1/4 cup bottled reduced-fat blue cheese dressing
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Brown ground beef in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until beef is not pink, 8 to 10 minutes, breaking up with a spoon. Pour off drippings. Stir in barbecue sauce. Cook and stir 1 minute until thoroughly heated.
- Heat taco shells according to package directions.
- Spoon beef mixture into taco shells. Add lettuce; drizzle with dressing. Top with carrot, celery and cilantro.
Recipe courtesy of Cattlemen’s Beef Board and American National CattleWomen, Inc.