Buckwheat and Berry Smoothie
- Yield: servings
- 1/3cup raw buckwheat soaked in filtered water 30 mins, or overnight
- 1/2cup almond milk
- 1/2cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 4large fresh or frozen strawberries
- -- juice of one lemon
- 6 inch-- cucumber
- 4drops stevia or 1-2 tsp agave syrup
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2-- avocado
- 1/2 inch-- ginger (optional, if you love ginger this is nice but not too much or it takes over)
Place all ingredients in high speed blender and mix until nice and smooth. Taste for flavour and adjust sweetness if desired. If you don’t have a high speed blender it may not be as smooth but still fine.
Reprinted with permission from The Alkaline Sisters. The Alkaline Sisters' goal is to inspire and energize you for life with nutritious food that is delicious and beautiful. They hope to set you on a journey to better health and a clear understanding of how food affects our bodies, with tips and up-to-date alkaline lifestyle information that is inspired from their personal health experience and their current studies in holistic nutrition. They are deeply passionate about sharing this healthy, revitalizing lifestyle that prevents and helps to reverse disease as it is so crucial in resolving the enormous health crises that many of us face today.