Bubbling Blueberry Buckle Coffee Cake
- Yield 12 to 14 servings
You can use frozen blueberries, but why not wait for fresh blueberries to be in season? It'll be worth the wait!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed and stemmed, or 4 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
For the cake:
- Cream the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and milk and mix well. Beat in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9×13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle the blueberries over the batter.
For the topping:
- Mix the sugar, cinnamon and flour in a bowl. Cut in the butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over the blueberries.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cold.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Minneapolis and Saint Paul, Minnesota, Always Superb Recipes for Every Occasion (The Junior League of Minneapolis and Saint Paul, Minnesota, 2003)