Bubbling Blueberry Buckle Coffee Cake
- Yield: 12 to 14 servings
- 1/2cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 1/2cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1cup milk
- 4cups flour
- 4teaspoons baking powder
- 1teaspoon salt
- 4cups fresh blueberries, rinsed and stemmed, or 4 cups frozen blueberries
- 1cup sugar
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- 1cup flour
- 1cup (2 sticks) butter
For the cake:
- Cream the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and milk and mix well. Beat in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9×13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle the blueberries over the batter.
For the topping:
- Mix the sugar, cinnamon and flour in a bowl. Cut in the butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over the blueberries.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cold.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Minneapolis and Saint Paul, Minnesota, Always Superb Recipes for Every Occasion (The Junior League of Minneapolis and Saint Paul, Minnesota, 2003)