Brussels Sprouts with Parmesan
- Yield 10 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 7 mins
Brussels sprouts are traditional at British holiday tables -- make them a regular at yours, too.
Inspired by Diane Morgan's recipe in The Christmas Table (Chronicle Books, 2008), this recipe uses shredded Brussels sprouts.
- 2 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Coarsely ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Trim stem ends of Brussels sprouts.
- Using the slicing blade of a food processor, process sprouts into thin slices, then separate with your fingers. If no food processor is available, carefully slice them by hand.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a large skillet. Add garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts; sauté until bright green and crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Increase heat to high; add broth.
- Cover and cook about 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Place in a serving bowl; top with cheese.
Recipe adapted with permission from The Christmas Table: Recipes and Crafts to Create Your Own Holiday Tradition. © 2008 by Diane Morgan. Chronicle Books LLC.