Brussels Sprouts with Maple Lemon and Pecans
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
A great autumn dish, Brussels sprouts get a flavor boost from Lemon and maple syrup and a crunchiness from pecans.
- 2 pints Brussels sprouts, washed and trimmed
- -- Salt, to taste
- -- Water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons butter or soy margarine
- 1/3 cup pecan pieces
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- -- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- -- Salt and fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- Place Brussels sprouts in a pot of boiling salted water and cook 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drain the sprouts and add them with pecans to skillet. Saute 2 minutes until the nuts begin to brown lightly. Add the maple syrup and lemon rind and saute 2 minutes longer or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.