Brussels Sprouts Stir-Fry
- Yield 4 servings
Don’t pass up this understated and underrated vegetable; if you have never had fresh Brussels sprouts you are in for a taste sensation with this simple recipe.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- -- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Cut ends off Brussels sprouts and slice in half.
- In medium nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil, and sauté onion about 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from pan.
- In same pan coated with nonstick cooking spray, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, and place Brussels sprout halves face down in skillet until golden brown, around 5 minutes. Return onions to skillet, and cook about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Season to taste.