Brussels Sprouts Hash
- Yield: 8 servings
- 4 thick slices applewood smoked bacon
- 2tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3large shallots, sliced into thin rounds
- 3large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut into quarters lengthwise
- 1/2cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4teaspoon sugar
- 1teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook bacon in a large heavy skillet over medium-low heat 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat.
- Increase heat to medium. Add butter and shallots to pan; saute until light golden, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add Brussels sprouts; sauté 3 minutes. Add broth; cover and cook until crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes more. Uncover; cook off excess liquid.
- Add vinegar and sugar; cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Roughly crumble bacon; add to sprouts. Stir in salt and pepper.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 113
- Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 14mg
- Sodium 445mg
- Carbohydrate 11g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 5g