Brussels Sprouts Gratin
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 3tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 1 1/8teaspoons salt, divided
- 1cup breadcrumbs
- 1tablespoon butter
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- 1/4cup finely shredded Swiss cheese
- 1cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place Brussels sprouts in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish, and toss with 2 Tbsp melted butter, 3⁄ 4 tsp salt and pepper. Spread in pan and roast 25 to 30 minutes, tossing once halfway through, until tender and browned.
- Stir together breadcrumbs in a medium bowl with 1 Tbsp butter, ⅛ tsp salt and Swiss cheese.
- Pour heavy cream over sprouts and sprinkle with 1⁄4 tsp salt. Continue baking about 10 minutes, until cream has thickened.
- Remove pan from oven. Set oven to broil and position top rack 6 inches below broiler.
- Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over sprouts and broil 3 to 5 minutes, until golden brown.
Note: Once baked, you can reheat this Brussels sprouts side in a 350°F oven, uncovered, until warm throughout and crisp on top, about 10 to 15 minutes.