Brussels Sprout Salad with Parmesan and Walnuts
- Yield 8 servings
Thinly sliced Brussels sprouts make a terrific slaw.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, shredded
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Place Brussels sprouts and apple in a mixing bowl and toss lightly to separate the layers of sprouts. Add walnuts and cheese.
- Combine olive oil and lemon juice, and whisk well. Drizzle over Brussels sprout mixture. Toss well to make sure everything is coated. Add salt and pepper. Serve immediately.