Bruschetta with Tomato and Arugula
- Yield 6 servings
Ripe tomatoes and leafy green arugula converge a top this simple and summery Italian appetizer.
- 3 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 ounces arugula, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 12 small slices rustic artisan bread
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- To prepare topping, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour.
- To prepare bread, toast or grill bread until light golden. Combine olive oil and garlic. Brush on toasted bread. Top bread with tomato mixture. Serves 6.
Recipe courtesy of Seeds from Italy