Brunswick Stew with Chicken and Pork
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 15 minutes
- Cook 50 minutes
Leftover barbecue and chicken enrich this classic Southern stew.
This recipe is adapted from a recipe by Vicki Ownby, a certified Kansas City Barbeque Society master judge from Sevierville, Tenn. Vicki uses leftover barbecue in this dish. We found it perfect with leftover Kalua Pork and rotisserie chicken.
- 4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and chopped (4 cups)
- 8 cups lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3 cups shredded or pulled pork
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 (14-ounce) cans corn (2 cream-style and 2 niblet-style, drained)
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup ketchup
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine potatoes and broth in a Dutch oven or stockpot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 20 to 30 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cook 20 minutes.