Brownies with Chocolate-Covered Raisins
- Yield 12 servings
The raisins in this recipe add lots texture to this homemade favorite.
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate-covered raisins
- Melt the semisweet and unsweetened choccolate with the butter in a saucepan over low heat, stirring to blend well. Cool completely.
- Beat the sugar and eggs in a mixer bowl for 3 minutes or until thick and pale yellow. Add the melted chocolate and vanilla and mix well.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together. Add to the chocolate mixture and mix well. Stir in the raisins.
- Spoon into a buttered 8×8-inch baking pan. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs, and the top cracks. Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Salt Lake City’s Always in Season (Junior League of Salt Lake City, 2005).