- Yield 16 servings
- Prep 10 minutes
- Cook 40 minutes
These brownies come together in one pan.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Butter and flour an 8-inch square pan.
2. Place butter and chocolate in a saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat until chocolate melts. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in sugar, 2 eggs and vanilla. Beat well. Stir in flour and salt. Stir in walnuts, if using.
4. Bake about 40 minutes. Cool and cut into 2-inch squares.