Brownies in a Jar
- Yield 9 servings
All the ingredients your friends need to make a delicious batch of brownies are found layered in a beatifully decorated glass jar, complete with cooking instructions.
- 2/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 plus 1/8 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pecans (optional)
- Layer the following in a clean quart jar: the salt, 1/2 plus 1/8 cup flour, cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, brown sugar, sugar, chocolate chips and pecans. Seal the jar with a lid.
- Decorate the jar with fabric and/or ribbon. Attach a tag to the jar with the instructions: Combine the contents of this jar with 1 teaspoon vanilla, 2/3 cup vegetable oil and 3 eggs. Pour the batter into a greased pan. Bake at 350F for 32 to 37 minutes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Telephone Pioneers of America’s Calling All Kids (Telephone Pioneer of America, Alabama Chapter #34, Birmingham, Al., 2002).