Browned Butter White Chocolate Blondies
- Yield 24 pieces
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 35 mins
Macadamia nuts and white chocolate are the counterpoint for the toasty taste of brown butter.
Bake in a 9-inch square pan for tall brownies as shown in photo.
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped unsalted macadamia nuts
- 8 ounces coarsely chopped white chocolate
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 13 x 9-inch baking pan and line with foil.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Combine cooled butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and beat to combine. Add flour mixture, macadamia nuts, white chocolate and cranberries. Mix until well blended. Spread mixture in prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool and cut into 24 pieces.