Brown Sugar and Lime-Glazed Shrimp and Pineapple Kebabs
- Yield: 4 servings
Coconut rice would make a great side.
- 3tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 3tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4teaspoons butter
- 1tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2teaspoons minced, seeded jalapeno
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2teaspoons peanut oil
- 8 (8- to 10-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in water at least 30 minutes
- Lime wedges
- Combine brown sugar, lime juice, butter, ginger, jalapeno and salt in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, until syrupy.
- Toss shrimp and pineapple with peanut oil. Arrange 4 or 5 shrimp on each skewer, with pineapple chunks in between.
- Prepare grill. Grill skewers 2 minutes on each side, brushing with glaze.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 349
- Fat 13g
- Cholesterol 226mg
- Sodium 360mg
- Carbohydrate 29g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 30g