Brown Sugar and Lime-Glazed Shrimp and Pineapple Kebabs
- Yield 4 servings
A little sweet, a little sticky, a little spicy… Oh! And kids will love them too!
Coconut rice would make a great side.
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons minced, seeded jalapeno
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 8 (8- to 10-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in water at least 30 minutes
- Lime wedges
- Combine brown sugar, lime juice, butter, ginger, jalapeno and salt in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, until syrupy.
- Toss shrimp and pineapple with peanut oil. Arrange 4 or 5 shrimp on each skewer, with pineapple chunks in between.
- Prepare grill. Grill skewers 2 minutes on each side, brushing with glaze.
For a complete menu featuring Brown Sugar and Lime-Glazed Shrimp and Pineapple Kebabs, along with 11 more simple menus for year round entertaining, check out our Supper Club Menus Recipe App for the iPad on iTunes.