Lemon Chicken Fettuccine
- Yield: servings
- 6tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2teaspoons ground sage
- 2teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1cup (1/2" cubes) sweet potato or yam
- 1/2cup chicken broth
- 1cup shredded rotesserie chicken
- 1pound dried fettuccine noodles
- 4tablespoons grated Pecorino cheese
- 1-- red jalapeno pepper, sliced very thin
- 2teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 4-- lemon wedges
Melt butter in a 12" deep skillet over medium-low heat. Add sage and cook until butter starts to turn golden brown (be careful not to let butter burn). Stir in lemon juice and sweet potato or yam cubes; stir to coat cubes. Add chicken stock and reduce heat to low. Continue to cook until sweet potato cubes are tender (6-7 minutes), stirring often.
Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling water until al dente (soft but still a bit firm to the bite). Drain (reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid) and transfer to a large bowl. Add sweet potato mixture, chicken, cheese and reserved cooking liquid to pasta. Toss gently to mix and divide between 4 warmed pasta bowls. Sprinkle with a few jalapeno slices and lemon zest. Serve with a lemon wedge and extra cheese, if desired.