Lemon Chicken Fettuccine
- Yield servings
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons ground sage
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup (1/2" cubes) sweet potato or yam
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded rotesserie chicken
- 1 pound dried fettuccine noodles
- 4 tablespoons grated Pecorino cheese
- 1 -- red jalapeno pepper, sliced very thin
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 4 -- lemon wedges
Melt butter in a 12" deep skillet over medium-low heat. Add sage and cook until butter starts to turn golden brown (be careful not to let butter burn). Stir in lemon juice and sweet potato or yam cubes; stir to coat cubes. Add chicken stock and reduce heat to low. Continue to cook until sweet potato cubes are tender (6-7 minutes), stirring often.
Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling water until al dente (soft but still a bit firm to the bite). Drain (reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid) and transfer to a large bowl. Add sweet potato mixture, chicken, cheese and reserved cooking liquid to pasta. Toss gently to mix and divide between 4 warmed pasta bowls. Sprinkle with a few jalapeno slices and lemon zest. Serve with a lemon wedge and extra cheese, if desired.