- Yield 12 pieces
These tomatoes add flavor and color to the plate, but very little fat and calories.
- 1 tablespoon light stick margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon fat-free Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 (1/2- to 1-inch) slices tomato
- Preheat broiler.
- In a small bowl, blend melted margarine and Italian dressing with parsley, breadcrumbs, garlic, basil and cheese.
- Place sliced tomatoes on a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray and spoon the topping evenly over tomatoes. Broil 10 minutes, until browned.