Broiled Pork Chops with Vegetable Medley and Cinnamon Apples
- Yield 4 servings
Simply broiled pork chops accompany sautéed apples and a favorite vegetable for a simple but satisfying supper. Add a salad and breadsticks to complete the meal.
- 4 center cut pork chops, 1 1/4-inch thick
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups mixed summer squash, sliced
- Vinaigrette dressing
- 2 tart green apples, cored and sliced into thin rings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Season chops with salt and pepper. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat source for 6-8 minutes per side until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145F, followed by a 3-minute rest time. Serve immediately with vegetable medley and cinnamon apples.
- Vegetable Medley: Steam summer squash and carrots. Toss with your favorite vinaigrette dressing.
- Cinnamon Apples: Melt butter in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Saute apple rings until tender, 5-6 minutes. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir gently to blend.