Broiled Pears with Orange and Honey
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 Bosc pears (not too ripe or they will fall apart)
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2tablespoons honey
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the broiler.
- Cut the pears into quarters and remove the core from each. Put them on a baking sheet.
- Mix the orange juice, honey, Tabasco, a couple of cracks of black pepper, and salt to taste in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place the pears under the broiler and broil until they begin to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour the honey mixture over the pears. Put the pears back under the broiler and cook until the liquid has reduced to a thick syrup, about 5 minutes. Remove from the broiler and baste the pears with the reduced syrup.
–Recipe used with permission from For Cod and Country by Barton Seaver, published by Sterling Publishing