Broiled Feta with Roasted Peppers and Olive Salad
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 25 mins
Green and black olives, feta, onion, and peppers make a salad robust enough to be a meal.
Serve this salad with grilled pita wedges.
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 Vidalia onion, cut into rounds
- 1 head garlic, separated into cloves and peeled
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 8 caper berries or 1 tablespoon regular capers
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted
- 12 tsakistes or best-quality green olives, pitted
- 8 anchovies
- 1/4 cup each chopped fresh parsley, dill, mint and chives
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place peppers, onion and garlic on a baking sheet. Brush onions with olive oil. Roast until peppers are charred and onions are tender, about 20 minutes.Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Cool. Peel and slice peppers.
- Preheat broiler.
- Crumble feta into casserole dish or baking sheet. Broil about 2 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add peppers, onions and garlic. Toss well.
- Remove cheese from broiler. Spoon onto serving plates. Top with pepper mixture. Serve with pita bread or pita chips.
Recipe by Chef Michael Psilakis.