Broccoli with Caramelized Garlic
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1cup peeled whole garlic cloves
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4cups water, plus ice water
- 1pinch salt, plus more to taste
- 1head broccoli trimmed into florets, stem ends trimmed and sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place garlic cloves and oil in a small baking dish and bake 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Using a slotted spoon, place garlic in a medium mixing bowl, reserving oil separately.
- Bring water and a pinch salt to a boil in a saucepan. Add broccoli, reduce heat and simmer 8 minutes until tender. Remove broccoli and immediately plunge into ice water. Drain and toss broccoli with garlic, adding just enough reserved oil to coat. Save any unused oil for sauteing or stir-frying another time. Season broccoli with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parmesan, if using.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 154
- Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 177mg
- Carbohydrate 17g
- Fiber 9g
- Protein 9g