Broccoli Walnut Noodles
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 10 mins
- 10 ounces extra-wide curly “no yolk” noodles
- 2 pounds broccoli, steamed (florets and peeled stems, cut in 1/2” slices)
- 1/2 cup chopped California walnuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- -- Juice of one lemon
- -- Juice of 1/2 orange
- -- Grated zest of one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Cook noodles al dente, about 5 minutes. Steam broccoli until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat and add walnuts.
- Sauté for about 1 minute. Combine noodles and broccoli.
- Add walnut-oil mixture and toss well.
- Add citrus juices, zest, and pepper and toss well again.
(Optional: Add 1/2 cup diced smoked turkey, low-fat chicken sausage, or seasoned tofu.)