Broccoli Vermicelli Salad
- Yield 6 servings
With a hint of olive oil and cheese, this side dish gets a #1 rating.
- 2 -- (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 8 ounces vermicelli, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the broccoli according to package directions, omitting the oil and salt. Drain very well.
- Cook the vermicelli according to package direction, omitting the oil and salt. Drain.
- Combine the vermicelli with the broccoli, garlic, olive oil, Parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper; toss well. Serve at room temperature.