Broccoli-Tofu Cheese Enchiladas
- Yield: servings
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2large onion, coarsely chopped
- 3cups coarsely chopped broccoli
- 1-- (14-ounce) package firm, fresh (not silken) water-packed tofu
- 2ounces Neufchatel or regular cream cheese
- 2-- garlic cloves, peeled and quartered
- 1 1/2teaspoons chili powder
- 1teaspoon salt
- -- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 to 8-- (8-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 1/2cups enchilada sauce (red or green) or mild salsa
- 4ounces grated sharp Cheddar Cheese or Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and saute onion and broccoli 5 minutes.
- Place half the tofu in a food processor. Coarsely crumble the other half into a bowl.
- To the food processor, add Neufchatel, garlic, broccoli mixture, chili powder and salt. Pulse until smooth. Add onion and broccoli mixture and pulse a few times until coarsely chopped.
- Combine mixture with crumbled tofu and stir well.
- Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place about 1/6 of filling down middle of each tortilla, roll up and place seam side down in baking dish.
- Pour enchilada sauce over top. Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Increase temperature to 450F and bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until until cheese melts. Serves 4.
Recipe by Crescent Dragonwagon