Broccoli Stuffed Vidalia Onions
- 2 medium vidalia onions, peeled & halved
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened (fat free works also)
- Boil onions in salted water for 12 minutes. Drain.
- Microwave broccoli. Remove onion center to food processor and set double walls of onions in 9×13 glass baking dish. If onion is too large, get 3 sets of shells from each onion.
- Chop broccoli and onions. Mix with cheese, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Spoon into center of onion halves.
- Make rue and add cream cheese. Spoon over onions. Dish may be made to this point and refrigerated until ready to bake.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or 30 if refrigerated.