Broccoli Slaw with Toasted Walnuts
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 5 mins
- 1 cup mayonnaise (low-fat is okay)
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 cups (1 - 1 1/4 lbs.) broccoli florets, cut or broken in half-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped, toasted California walnuts
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- In a large bowl combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper, and stir until smoothly blended. Blanche the broccoli for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, cranberries, raisins, walnuts and carrot, then stir and toss until the ingredients are evenly coated with the dressing.
- Chill before serving.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Brian Whitmer of Paradise Foods in Corte Madera, CA