- Yield 6 to 8 servings
- 8 slices bacon, plus an additional slice for garnish if desired
- 1 medium bunch broccoli
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup raisins (or more)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Cook the bacon (crisply), drain it, and crumble into small pieces. Using only the florets and the most tender stem sections of the broccoli (you may save the rest of the stem for soup or just discard it), chop the broccoli into very tiny pieces. Peel the red onion, and chop it very finely as well. In a bowl, combine the broccoli, onion, celery, and raisins.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients. Pour this dressing over the salad and toss. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour. Garnish with additional bacon pieces if you like.
Recipe by Tinky Weisbalt