Broccoli Raisin Mango Salad with Sweet Spicy Pecans
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- Prep: 12 minutes
- Cook: 6 minutes
The addition of golden raisins and mango, combined with the orange yogurt dressing, is fabulous. Top with the sweet and spicy pecans.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4teaspoons sugar
- 1/4teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 (12-ounce) container orange yogurt
- 1/3cup mayonnaise
- 1tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- 5cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3/4cup California golden raisins
- 1 1/2cups diced peeled mango
- 1/4cup finely chopped red onion
- To prepare pecans, spray a large skillet with a nonstick cooking spray. Add sugar and cayenne and mix well. Stir in pecans. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar mixture is melted and pecans are well coated. Remove from heat. Transfer pecans to a plate and let cool.
- To prepare dressing, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar and salt in a small bowl. Whisk well.
- To prepare salad, combine broccoli, raisins, mango and red onion in a large bowl. Add dressing; toss gently. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Stir in pecans just before serving.
Recipe by Nadine Mesch