Broccoli Pasta Twists
- Yield 4 servings
Browning the broccoli and garlic in oil gives the vegetables a sweet flavor.
- 1 pound dry gemelli, rigatoni or penne
- -- Boiling water
- -- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 4 -- garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 medium Anaheim chili pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup water or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons soy margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup grated soy Parmesan cheese or Parmesan cheese
- -- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place pasta in a 2 1/2-quart pot of boiling water with a pinch of salt and cook 10 to 12 minutes until al dente. Drain in a colander and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick pot over medium heat. Add broccoli florets and saute 2 minutes until they begin to brown. Add garlic and sliced pepper, continuing to saute 1 minute.
- Add 1/2 cup water or vegetable broth to prevent sticking and continue to cook broccoli another minute until tender. Add cooked pasta, butter, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.