Broccoli Pasta Salad
- Yield 8 servings
- 1/2 pound penne, fusilli or farfalle pasta
- 1 head broccoli, cut into 2-inch florets
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1 -- red pepper, diced (optional)
- 1 -- (15-ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup torn basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon oregano (optional)
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil, add pasta and cook according to package direction. Add broccoli 2 minutes before the end of cooking time. Drain pasta and broccoli and rinse under cold water, 3 to 4 minutes to cool.
- Place in bowl with remaining ingredients. Combine all dressing ingredients; whisk well. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat evenly. Let stand at least 30 minutes until flavors develop.
Recipe by Chef Bill Telepan.