Broccoli Pasta Salad
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1/2pound penne, fusilli or farfalle pasta
- 1head broccoli, cut into 2-inch florets
- 1cup sliced black olives
- 1-- red pepper, diced (optional)
- 1-- (15-ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2cup torn basil leaves
- 1tablespoon oregano (optional)
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil, add pasta and cook according to package direction. Add broccoli 2 minutes before the end of cooking time. Drain pasta and broccoli and rinse under cold water, 3 to 4 minutes to cool.
- Place in bowl with remaining ingredients. Combine all dressing ingredients; whisk well. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat evenly. Let stand at least 30 minutes until flavors develop.
Recipe by Chef Bill Telepan.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 197
- Fat 2.5g
- Saturated Fat .5g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 162mg
- Carbohydrate 36g
- Fiber 5g
- Protein 9g