- Yield 10 to 12 servings
Corn bread stuffing makes for a fine broccoli, or even squash, casserole
"This recipe has been a favorite of my family's to take to a church supper or a family gathering. It is simple to make and receives many compliments."
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 onion, finely chopped (may substitute dehydrated onions)
- 8 ounces fat-free sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1 (10-ounce) box frozen broccoli pieces, thawed
- 1 (8-ounce) package corn bread stuffing, divided
- 16 ounces grated cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix egg, onion, sour cream, soup, broccoli, half of stuffing, and half of cheese. Pour into casserole dish.
- Mix remainder of stuffing and cheese and add margarine. Mix well and spread over top of casserole.
- Bake 30 minutes or until light brown.
Variation: Cooked yellow squash may be substituted for broccoli.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: This recipe is especially tasty and colorful when using half broccoli and half yellow squash.
—Recipe by Anita Blankenship, Hickory, N.C.