- Yield: 10 to 12 servings
"This recipe has been a favorite of my family's to take to a church supper or a family gathering. It is simple to make and receives many compliments."
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 onion, finely chopped (may substitute dehydrated onions)
- 8ounces fat-free sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1 (10-ounce) box frozen broccoli pieces, thawed
- 1 (8-ounce) package corn bread stuffing, divided
- 16ounces grated cheese, divided
- 2tablespoons margarine
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix egg, onion, sour cream, soup, broccoli, half of stuffing, and half of cheese. Pour into casserole dish.
- Mix remainder of stuffing and cheese and add margarine. Mix well and spread over top of casserole.
- Bake 30 minutes or until light brown.
Variation: Cooked yellow squash may be substituted for broccoli.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: This recipe is especially tasty and colorful when using half broccoli and half yellow squash.
—Recipe by Anita Blankenship, Hickory, N.C.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Glycemic Load 0
- Calories 310
- Fat 19g
- Saturated Fat 9g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 60mg
- Sodium 950mg
- Potassium 140mg
- Carbohydrate 14g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 21g
- Trans Fat 0.5g
- Vitamin A 15%
- Vitamin C 20%
- Calcium 60%
- Iron 4%